Terms of Service
If you order repair services from Northwest Restaurant Service, LLC (“NWRS”), the following terms of service (“Terms of Service”) are a legally binding contract between you and NWRS. By requesting services from NWRS, you acknowledge that you have received and read the following Terms of Service and agree to them.
- Credit card requirement. A valid credit card must be on file with NWRS before a technician will be dispatched to a job site. The credit card will be used to guarantee payment for our services.
- Payment for services. Payment in full is due upon completion of work. If our technician does not receive payment on location, you expressly authorize NWRS to debit the credit card on file for all charges related to the service call according to the schedule of charges set forth below. This authorization will remain in effect until revoked by you in writing. You agree that any such revocation will not affect prior or pending transactions.
- Late payments. Account balances not paid within 30 days of the date of the initial invoice are subject to a 1.5% monthly finance charge.
- Collections; legal action. Accounts that are 60 or more days past due are subject to prosecution in the Small Claims Division of the Washington District Courts, including costs and fees. An administrative fee equal to 12 percent of the outstanding balance will be added if legal action is initiated.
- Schedule of charges.
- Labor. Our standard labor rate is $129 per hour and is billed from the time that our technicians arrive on site until the time the work order is completed. Please note that labor charges may include additional time for loading and unloading tools, writing up service-call notes, and parts research. Labor rates are subject to change.
- Travel. Standard travel time is billed at $129 per hour from the technician’s starting point to your location. Travel time may vary, depending on traffic, road conditions, and parking. Travel time may be extended for City of Seattle customers due to traffic or parking availability.
- Truck charge. A single truck charge of $50 per work order will be added to each invoice.
- After-hours service. Standard hours of operation are 7 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Work and travel time that falls outside of those hours is billed at 1.5 times the standard rate ($193.50 per hour). Please note that after-hours charges may also apply to warranty work, and are your responsibility.
- Other charges. Parts, parking/ferry fees, and additional fees may apply to service invoices.
- In-house warranties. NWRS warrants our repair labor for 60 days. We do not provide warranties on parts although many manufacturers do so. NWRS will not cover broken or damaged parts.
- Manufacturer’s warranties. Manufacturer’s warranties are an agreement exclusively between you and the manufacturer. NWRS is not a party to the warranty itself although the manufacturer may hire us to perform services on their behalf. The terms of these warranties vary and may also place certain responsibilities on you to keep the warranty in force.
- Please review your warranty agreement carefully to familiarize yourself with what is covered and what your responsibilities are in the event of an equipment malfunction. We strongly recommend that you keep dated sales receipts, warranties, and purchase information together in a safe place because you will need this information to activate your warranty. If, after inspection, it is determined that the problem is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, you will be responsible for the costs of the service call and any repair or cleaning that is performed.
- Manufacturer’s warranties usually require that you contact the manufacturer first to inform them of the problem. The manufacturer will then contact us to authorize inspections or repairs. If you contact us directly for warranty service, that call will be treated as a regular service call and may be billed directly to you. You are ultimately responsible for paying costs not covered by the manufacturer, which may include additional labor, parts, travel, ferry or parking fees, and other charges.
- Governing law. The foregoing Terms of Service will be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its conflicts of law rules.